Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Father's Instincts

One of the most intense moments in my life is seeing the only man who has loved me unconditionally confront the man whom I have loved the most and tell him it's just enough. It's enough!

That alone just ended everything.

Every time I think about that moment, tears just roll down my cheeks. He was full of emotions. I can see doubtless how he felt my pain no matter how hard I have tried to hide it. He just felt it all the way.

That moment is still so vivid and it's overwhelming. Being a man of principles, he considered something that is a question of morality because of me. All I think I did was to try to protect him from being devastated of the outcome of the choice he made.

I thought I was protecting something but in fact, it's provoking something.

That moment was a twist of fate. It was one of the ironies of life indeed.

I have kept the person whom I thought I'm going to be with for the rest of my life a secret. I kept it a secret for almost three years. Three years of subtlety and discreetness for a reason. To have to know that there is an awful side that I haven't seen is illuminating! God is good. Everything happens for a reason.

It was a twist of mind because it just set me free. It set me free from something I thought I don't want to lose. Some things are just not meant to be.

Now I'm free.

No comments: