Thursday, March 13, 2014


Selfsame



This radical familiarity with you
Brimmed my mind with so many questions
It deemed thoughts of unfathomable possibilities
My cosmic being started to question my totality
Is it really fluid, one’s sexuality?

With endless query I tried to justify
Oh yes, the desire is not implausible
My heart speaks, it feels and it cries
It is grounded only with genuine emotions
That is the rationale for being alone for so long
Have I really touched a soul with the same peculiarities?
Or has it only touched me?

But I know I played a cryptic game
I listened to what you struggled not to say
And heard what I tried not to hear
I strained to have said what I was dying to say
And you heard not what you tried to hear
We never dropped our mental walls and defense drapes
We took each other’s ambiguous words

It folded me like a repelled child shut out in a game
When you never let your heart speak
You turned your back on a fairy tale
So I made you face your fears
I led your young heart to long more for something coequal
Despite this pain I reap

Then the past, it became and it remained unspoken
My ears are deafened with an imperturbable silence
I’m left with nothing but an empty space
But like a jagged little pill, I embrace
All those fleeting moments with you I have craved


Jun 18, 2006 9:37 PM

No comments: