Monday, July 9, 2012

Irony

In my four years stint in this company, I submitted a resignation letter twice. The first time was almost four years ago when I was with the company for only two months. I was pulled out several times. My trainer tried to convince me to stay. My colleagues did too. Our HR Business partner put me on retention sessions. I was firm. They promised me benefits and perks that will favor me. I gave in and decided to stay.

The second time was 2 years later. I rendered a 30 day grace period. Again, my manager tried to retain me. And again, I was firm with my decision. I was forwarded to her manager who, again, tried to retain me. She asked me to give them one more chance. I stayed quiet. She decided to give me what I wanted that would make me stay which is career growth and mobility so then I stayed.

Time came that I embraced this company. I love this company. I was an advocate. I had the habit of talking some sense to colleagues who have been dragging themselves to work and motivate them. Let them see the benefits and advantages that tends to be blurry at times because it gets overlooked due to stress of the mundane rut.

Until... I was forced to resign...

No comments: