Sunday, April 21, 2019

Reactive People Versus Non-Reactive People. Who Wins?

I have been writing regularly but only every time I get the chance.  Our time is a luxury because sooner or later our time in the cosmos will end.  So every time I get the chance I write my own musings in my solitude.  I guess it helps me get by and it helps me remember things.  There are several things that happen to our lives and some are worth remembering.  Those beautiful and awful things I have to put on paper.  You see, I appreciate even the awful things in life.  Life is good and it feels good to be alive.  I love writing!  Literally, getting a pen and a paper and writing the letters one by one the traditional way.  I even write in print and never in cursive.  That's probably the reason why it took a while for me to put entries here.  

Since I went to US back in August, last year, it triggered the need to put my entries here instead of the notebooks or journals that I have to carry with me wherever I go.  It's very inconvenient and unnecessary when I know there is an easier way to be able to achieve the same goal with my laptop.  Though I'm not able to write using a pen and some notebook considering I have my own sentiments on writing the traditional way, it's easier to for me to put my thoughts into writing because I type faster than I write on paper.  Plus there will be no erasures because it's easy to just delete and edit.  

I have decided to make this one of my weekly, if not daily or every other day habit.  Who knows, this will become one of the top-selling books of the century.  I don't think it's impossible.  I actually think it has a big chance.  Everything written here is real to my core.  It's me, my private life, my disappearing memories, my personal thoughts and experiences which are not very common.  It's not everyday that you can get into a freaking accident and survive a vehicle which rolled over multiple times and fell into a 6 feet deep ditch.  Surviving and forgetting it happened for real is one thing but putting the pieces back together when you have no clue where to pick up the little pieces of you is another.  Imagine your life stopped and you literally have no idea why.  People around you telling you about your life and at the same time you realize that you really have no clue about why your life has to change.  Everyone I know think I'm not an ordinary person.  Majority of them actually think I'm crazy.  I know sometimes I think I'm crazy too but I have resigned to the fact that I am eccentric. Or not.  I would prefer to think I'm not crazy so let's just say I'm extra ordinary.  There are people who have resort to calling me names and I don't take offense not because what they're saying is not true.  Sometimes the reason is they make sense so I just don't say anything or try to be cryptic by laughing.  I have this habit of being non-responsive to several 'supposedly' VERY offensive remarks thrown at my face.  I become non-reactive.  I don't react because I really don't feel anything about it and so I can easily just shrug it off.  Sometimes I even laugh because I find it funny and true.  But I don't get people who choose to throw those offensive remarks at me and they lose it if I say something back.  They go crazy if they get those strong remarks even if it didn't come from me.

If you can throw those strong remarks to other people then you should be capable of receiving them too and not overreact about it.  I'm very straight-forward.  It's real talk with me and I appreciate the same thing.  I don't go crazy over comments thrown at me even if I don't deserve it.  I'm cool!  I say this all the time.  It will take more than your own monsters to move me.  Though you can always give it a try.

No comments: