Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Mid-Twenty Crisis

1) The hype I get on gimmik nights when I get dressed to kill, when I go out clubbing and meet up with my boys is not the same as before. Actually, it's not anymore fun at all!

2) Meeting up with friends to hang out and just chill is not as interesting as it seemed to be and sleeping is more important than the "ghetto-gether."

3) I feel so bored out of my mind and it seems like there's nothing new to everything I do.

4) I turn out to have acquired this more laid-back personality. I prefer to get into more simple, classy and comfortable clothes than to be detailed about fashion and style.

5) My hostility towards people who conform to the superficial lifestyle the media feeds to the public, people who get too fixated with what they see in magazines, billboards, and TV ads seem to have faded. People try to imitate the sham and make it a lifestyle of their own. I just think it's so stupid and annoying before. Now, I just don't give a fuck! It's their lives so they could do whatever they want with it. I got my own.

6) I start to recognize the value of things which matter more like... ummm... dogs???

7) I feel pathetic because at 24, I'm still living with my parents and I'm still spending their money.

8) Close relations with friends and old buddies become less important. Suddenly, personal achievements start to matter and there is pressure on career advancement.

9) I realize I'm earning big and I'm splurging on mindless expenditures inspite of my financial capacity which is more likely to go down the drain because of my irresponsibility.

10) I start to think about my future. What and where will I be in the next 3 years? 5 years?

11) I begin to strategize a plan to work out on my own financial security. I try to assure tangible and intangible assets in the future and at this point in time, I try to think about my own independence.

12) I start to envision my life ahead. I get a clearer picture of my priorities. I get frustrated because everyday I try to make a major change, quit and then go back to the old ways in less than a snap.

13) It feels like I've been through this same thing before and there's no point in dwelling on the same thing over and over again.

So what the heck? I think I'll go back to the old motto:

"Life is short,
better enjoy it while you still have it."

No comments: