Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Little Incident With An MMDA Guy

I was driving by Makati Fire Station going to Ayala on my way to work one Thursday night. It was around 8:40pm to be exact when I saw this MMDA guy with his MMDA friends hanging out on the side of the street. He motioned me to pull over to the side. I had to log in at 9pm to work so I had no plans of pulling over just to put up with this little predicament so I continued driving. The MMDA guy went to the middle of the road to block me so I guess I had no choice but to stop. When I rolled down my driver side window:



MMDA : Maam', are you Filipino?

me : umm, NO?!

MMDA : Do you speak Tagalog?

me : NO!

MMDA : Maam, you don't have any headlights. Can I see your driver's license, Maam?

me : Oh, right! There... I turned it on. Are we ok now?

MMDA : Maam, from what country did you came from? I need to see your driver's license.

me : No, I won't give you my driver's license. I'm late! I need to go! I don't have time for this.

MMDA : Maam, you don't have any headlights. I can give you a ticket for that but I will just look at your driver's license.

me : No, I don't believe you. You will take my driver's license. I need to go now!

MMDA : Ok if you want you can hold to your driver's license when I look at it. I really need to see your driver's license maam.

me : Ok, I'll give you 1 minute. Please hurry! I really need to go.


I took my wallet out and showed him my DL which was stuck out inside my wallet.


MMDA : Maam' can you get it out your wallet, Maam'? I can't read it. I have to wear glasses.

me : Then wear your glasses, I can wait a few more seconds. Please hurry!


The MMDA guy read the whole of my DL with the speed of a 5-year old reading A,B,C... I just don't know why.


MMDA : Ok, thank you maam. Next time you turn on your headlights when you're driving at night.

me : Yes boss, thanks ha! Sorry nagmamadali talaga ko eh. salamat ulit!


Then I fled the scene. Just thinking out loud, don't I really look like a Flip?



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha. That's very funny! Hey, you're in the lead with the blog contest!

I had my own experience with the MMDA.

He got a sizable amount from me. :-(

xyra said...

I never pay those opportunists! I trick them with communication styles.. hehe

hey, last time I checked I was leading the blog votes. what happened?! haha! It's been 4 days and I still have no internet connection. what a bummer!

Forever Young said...

A rather good example of what is wrong with system today. Poorly trained inefficient police wannabes trying to bully people around and illegally charge you fines.

Based on their declared charter, they are allowed to plan, supervise, coordinate the traffic situation but under circumstances is it indicated that they can issue a ticket or even impede your travel. Nowhere does it say that they can detain or even question you,

The fact that he was asking for your license is clearly an attempt to make you pay to avoid a ticket.