Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Dad's Retreat Letter: 1st Year Highschool (1998)

December 14, 1998

Dear Yvelle,

         We are very glad that you will undertake your Holy Retreat in Cavite. This can provide you the opportunity to have a self-examination and retrospect of your real self. We earnestly hope that the conduciveness of the place  and the call of the time will be of great help for you to know more of yourself and know more Jesus.

          You know Yvelle, you have been a problem child to us and personally I had difficulties in making you realize who you are as a daughter, as a younger sister to your Ate Yvette, as an elder sister to your younger sister Kakay and younger brother Dodoy. I have a hard time making you realize who you are as a student, as a growing child and as a citizen. More often than not I have to control myself in dealing with you otherwise I maybe able to hurt you physically which happened in some instances. I regret it time and again and hoping that it may change you. But seemingly it did not work. I have to admit I failed to correct you at least to make you realize your shortcomings. It's a surrender and did not surprise that your mom has the same notion with mine. But this not the end of the fight. There is still light at the end of the tunnel. God is not sleeping and He can provide the way. I just hope that this time you start to know yourself and know more Jesus who give us life and bread.

          Yvelle, we know that you have so many qualities in yourself and God is so kind to give them to you. You should reciprocate it by being nice, loving and caring to your sisters and brother and respectful to your mom and to me. We love you very much the reason why we want you to change your attitude. In fact you are my favorite and very important to me. My only consolation is for you to be a good girl, should be very friendly to everybody in the household, talk and speak softly with love and care and be an extrovert and sociable lady. These qualities can make you more beautiful and intelligent and I'm 100% sure that in this retreat of yours and with our support and understanding you will be a brand new Yvelle tomorrow. The Yvelle my lovely daughter that all of us in the family can be proud of. A new image of hope and good qualities and wisdom. A new Yvelle who speak so softly and with care and seldom quarrel with anyone.

          God is always with you and with our prayers and care you will truly make it.

We love you Yvelle,
Daddy and Mommy

2 comments:

xyra said...

This is my favorite part:

You know Yvelle, you have been a problem child to us and personally I had difficulties in making you realize who you are as a daughter, as a younger sister to your Ate Yvette, as an elder sister to your younger sister Kakay and younger brother Dodoy. I have a hard time making you realize who you are as a student, as a growing child and as a citizen. More often than not I have to control myself in dealing with you otherwise I maybe able to hurt you physically which happened in some instances. I regret it time and again and hoping that it may change you. But seemingly it did not work. I have to admit I failed to correct you at least to make you realize your shortcomings. It's a surrender and did not surprise that your mom has the same notion with mine.

xyra said...

Radical! hahaha